Durian @ Bentong-Karak

Sunday - 1st Aug 2010.

my auntie, her husband and daughter were here over the weekend, while they were here, they mentioned about durian at Bentong, her pen-pal's farm. My uncle was excited while thinking of durians and kept telling the story about their last visit to my auntie's pen-pal 10yrs ago.

then they planned to go there again, so they called the pen-pal - uncle Liew, and he said there is still durian available at his farm.

so we planned to pay a visit there on sunday after coming back from sunway lagoon on saturday. I had to drive all the way up. It took 4 hours drive from melaka to bentong-karak and reach uncle Liew's house.

there is a lot of durians waiting for us. D24, 78, 88, 猫山王, etc…I did not take D88 as it is too thick, it is yellowish from outside, and inside is actually orange color, see the photo of durian that hold by hand.

















we ate the durians from inside the house to outside of the house. After finished eating, uncle Liew served us mangosteen. Then we started to pack for more durians and bring home. We packed for 3 big tupperwears... :)











This is uncle Liew, my auntie's pen pal over 40 yrs++, since she was form 3.
Both of them were married and still contact each other for over 40 yrs.
Uncle Liew has 4 daughters and 1 son while my auntie has 3 daughters.




my auntie, husband and her youngest daughter together with uncle Liew, his wife and his niece.






Even though it was enjoyable to eat all the durians. But it was too expensive for me to pay the tol and petrol for more than RM150, noone even help to pay or share a little of it.
Plus the day before when went to sunway lagoon, it cost me another RM100, total about RM250 for only tol and petrol, not included meals...huhuhuhu...i am 'poor' this month because another week want to go Hong Kong..no enough money for me shopping in Hong Kong..sign again...haiz haiz....

Comments